Thursday, March 7, 2013

Vincent Stubbs; and a day with AQA

If you are a part of The First Year you will have received your pattern number 8.  The pattern is Cockscomb, which is a type of flower.  Or, as in the Georgette Heyer novel I've been reading, a conceited young man.

Block 8 - Vincent Stubbs

It took me quite a while to finish this block.  I was still just getting the hang of needleturn when I started this block. It got the better of me, I couldn't get those petals to behave, and eventually I put it aside and started another block.  When I got back to it about four months later, I was surprised that it wasn't as difficult as I remembered.  Practice does make perfect (almost....)

If you haven't seen your block please let me know.  Honestly, I do send the block to everyone on the list, no one gets left out, but sometimes the attachments go astray in cyberspace.  Sometimes they go to the Spam folder. I don't mind if you email and ask where your block is, but please don't assume that I have neglected you on purpose - I haven't!



Last Monday the CCCQ and I traveled to Surrey Hills in Melbourne to the Australian Quilters Association meeting.  I spoke about signature quilts in general and the Chester Criswell quilt in particular and we had a great time. Thanks to Shirley L. for suggesting me as a guest speaker, it was fun!


Jan Mac checks out how many blocks to go
 
All the best with Vincent's block, hope those petals aren't too conceited for your needle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.