Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Double 9 Patch and Treasures from the Barn

This week's block is an easy one - Double 9 Patch.







This block was included in Ruby McKim's Sampler Quilt.  My 1930s sampler has seen better days.





I was pleased to find an easy block in the Kansas City Star collection.  When I decided to follow the KCS for my block of the week I thought I would just find the relevant block, make it and post it.  However not all of the KCS are straight forward.  It took me two weeks to make the Rising Sun.  I skipped a few - should I now try and catch up with Broken Circle and Princess Feather?  I think I better think it out again.







I attended a workshop at a lovely quilt shop that is full of reproduction fabric - Gippsbeary Cottage in Korumburra, Victoria.  The presenter was Linda Collins of Quilts in the Barn fame.  She has published a book with Quiltmania and on this day she was showing us all the quilts that went into that book.  What a treat!  We had fun with Little Boy's Britches and Panama Pyramids as well.





1 comment:

  1. It was a great day at Gippsbeary Cottage with Linda Collins and all the better for seeing you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.