Tuesday, April 11, 2017

House on the Hill

I've made a House on the Hill block now.  It's a six inch block.




It's easy compared to the Honeymoon Cottage. I also found that Ruby McKim's book 101 Patchwork Patterns is accessible on the 101 Patchwork Patterns website. You can download House on a Hill as a pdf of the original page and use the pattern to make a 12 inch block.  All the pages are available free for personal use.







Still not a good photo of my Honeymoon Cottage; the background fabric is white.  Honeymoon Cottage is also in 101 Patchwork Patterns.  Unfortunately the pattern isn't printed, you had to send away and buy the pattern for 20 cents. Material for the whole quilt was $2.95.





I've been pretty happy in 1937 with feedsacks and house blocks.  But if you look in the sidebar to your left you will see a ready to be quilted Chester Criswell Quilt.  Three cheers for turkey red and green and 1852!






Carole at Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus had been always ready to post her progress on the CCCQ, and she was also a guest blogger back in 2013. Carole didn't use all of my patterns, some of the blocks pictured are her own designs. Can't wait to see it quilted!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute house blocks, I'm now in a quandary as to which one to make. Thanks for showing and linking to my finished CCCQ, I only wish I'd taken a better photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.