Monday, March 31, 2014

Antique Blocks and Tops


Linda and Bev organised an antique show and tell at Quilts in the Barn and I was fortunate enough to get an invitation.  The theme was antique quilt tops and blocks and there were so many delightful things to see.




 There were antique quilt tops and blocks for sale.


 This quiltmaker got better as she went along.  Some blocks fit together better than others.











There were two large trestles set up to keep the display moving along.  Everyone would be gathered around one table; then someone would say, Look at this one! and we all ran to the other table.




I showed a few of my orphan blocks.





Miriam from Yellow Roses brought along her CCCQ blocks.  Mine are on the left and Miriam's are on the right.  We were quite please with our efforts.






Miriam brought along another three projects she is working on.  I am tempted by these Noah and Matilda blocks.  If you are tempted too, the patterns are on Dawn's blog Collector with a Needle.



Another one of Miriam's.




And Miriam's finished Morell quilt.  It has come up beautifully.




By the end of the afternoon our heads were spinning with quilts and talk and good food. It was a great day, thank you Linda and Bev.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. Events like that make me want to grab my needle and start stitching. Fun to see repro quilts/blocks included. Thanks for mentioning my Noah and Matilda quilt, and thanks for sharing the beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat for you all - thanks for sharing the pictures. Miriam's work is always an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day running from one table to another. It's so nice to see yours and Miriam's CCCQ blocks together, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.