Sunday, December 7, 2014

Block 27 and an Invitation

What did we do before the internet?  I had no internet at home this weekend and I was at a bit of a loss. Couldn't post on the blog, couldn't check what the grandkids were up to and couldn't print out my next basket block pattern for my patchwork group's challenge.  And it was pouring rain all weekend so the gardening had to wait.



Block 27 of the Chester Criswell Quilt is on the website now.  It is a little unusual, I've called it a Floral Medley. 

I find all signature quilts fascinating, not just the 1850s ones. I've added another 1944 friendship quilt to my collection so now I have about four... or five....or many six or so....  I have also started an email digest to share my research and links to museums and collections with signature quilts.  If you would like to receive an email each week that explores these quilts just fill in the blanks.  You will then get an email to confirm, if you don't see it just check your spam folder.

Remember Me ~ A Short History of Signature Quilts

Subscribe to Remember Me

* indicates required




1 comment:

  1. I've subscribed! And I love the latest block! It's so unusual and quirky. Have the freezer paper cut out, now to select the fabric! (And no, I'm not really up to block 27 - I just had a big break after block 7 so I've decided to work backwards.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.