Thursday, October 23, 2014

Quilts in the Barn 2014

Earlier this month I visited Quilts in the Barn at Wonga Park.  QITB is one of my favourite events.  The quilts are spectacular, of course, but I also love the way you can start up a conversation with the person next to you and the talk just flows - there is a lovely sense of community in the Barn.




This year's theme was Inspired by Antique Quilts. 

This quilt is Mrs. Billings' Coverlet, it is on my to do list but I don't have the collection of fabrics for it.  Yet.












I liked this one, the blocks are a collection from a number of different patterns.  Good for those of us that like to start new things before we finish the last project.








And of course, Dear Jane was there.  No, I really mean it, Dear Jane was there.  Brenda Papadakis was at QITB.  I wasn't able to attend any of her workshops but I did meet her on the day.  She follows this blog!! I was very excited and a little bit pleased.





Dear Jane is not on my to do list.  Please don't throw anything, the workmanship and patience of those who have made a Baby Jane is admirable, I love the finished look, but it doesn't say 'make me.'  However, what has caught my attention is the first blocks from the lucky people that did get to the workshop.  I'm itching to have a go at these lovely little blocks. Brenda might be right, everyone comes to Jane in the end. :)

Sew Many Quilts, So Little Time

Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus

  
Quilts in the Barn


Quilts in the Barn is a fund raiser for breast cancer research and over $16,000 was raised on the weekend.  Thanks you to Linda and her wonderful team, I can't wait until next year so we can visit again.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, thanks for featuring my Dear Jane blocks. Never say never! They are addictive once you make a few. Hugs, jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. They are addictive. You start with one. Then another. And eventually you have 225.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not start Dear Jane. I will not start Dear Jane.....

      Delete
  3. Ooh belatedly catching up on some blog reading, and surprise there's my block :) Such fun to make these sweet little blocks, please join us!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.