Thursday, January 25, 2024

Introducing My Next Door Neighbor

 This week's block from 90 Years Ago is called Next Door Neighbor.

 



The actual history of today’s design, and its designer, was lost long ago, but the pattern is ideal for the first effort of the beginning quilter.  Four all over print materials in lavender, pink, blue and red make a dainty and thoroughly feminine coverlet.

Chicago Tribune January 16, 1934

 


Next Door Neighbor

 

"...the pattern is ideal for the first effort of the beginning quilter."  Uhmm ........ no.  I found this block trickier than I anticipated and there was some reverse sewing involved.  I also didn't use the suggested colour scheme of red, blue, pink and lavender.


I'm not much good at being a next door neighbour either, because there isn't a house next door.  This is the view from my back veranda.




But if you zoom in over the fence, there is someone next door in that photo.  I'll zoom for you:





 

Can I count kangaroos as neighbours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.