Wednesday, December 30, 2020

2021 - More 1930s Patterns

 Here at Two Bits Patches, 2020 was the year of the quilt blocks printed in the Kansas City Star newspaper in the 1930s and 1940s. (2020 was the year of many things but let's accentuate the positive.)



Here are a few of the 1930s blocks that came from the Kansas City Star.  I could have cropped out my work table but that's my style - organised chaos.

12 months ago Block #1 was posted on the Two Bits Patches Facebook page, and today will see block #366. It was a very successful New Year's resolution.  So, what is in store for 2021?



 

 

 

This year it is the turn of the Chicago Tribune and Nancy Cabot.  Nancy Cabot was the pen name of Loretta Rising, the Needlework Editor and Columnist  of the Chicago Tribune. The first Nancy Cabot quilt block appeared in 1933, and continued every day through the remainder of the decade.  Unlike the Kansas City Star, the Tribune offered patterns for sale, 5¢ each.  

You will find the first block from the Chicago Tribune on January 1, 2021 on Facebook - just click 'Like' to keep them appearing in your feed.

 

Are you ready to say farewell to 2020? I certainly am!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.