Thursday, January 3, 2019

Now on Stage - The X Quartet!

X Quartet sounds like a vocal group appearing on a television talent show, doesn't it?  It's actually the name of this week's quilt block.


X Quartet

This is another block I have chosen from the The Patchwork Book 1931. I have made quite a few blocks from this publication now.




Other names for this block are Double Quartet, X Quartette and The Flying  X.


Red and white were the colors chosen for this pattern by the sender, Mrs. Lester Eaken, Swedeborg, Mo. However, a combination of two 1-tone blocks, or a print and a 1-tone piece could be substituted. (Please clip and save.)   Kansas City Star, July 12, 1939.

It is easy to make, if you like tutorials there is one on Generations Quilt Patterns.

2 comments:

  1. I like your fabric choices very much. Repro in style but yet bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I do love red, green and yellow together.

      Delete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.