Saturday, June 15, 2013

A New Quilt for the Collection

Look! A package!  It's almost my birthday, could it be for me?  Yes, I bought it for myself.



The description is just right ...





Looking good ...



Looking GREAT!



Check out those 1930s prints.




Sunbonnet Sue's country cousin.


And fortunately, a location and a date.


Malaga, Washington is a little country town in the mountains where they grow great apples.  The recipient of the quilt is Lena Wallace, the other twenty-four ladies are neighbours and friends.  I wonder what life was like for these women in 1937? I hope to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...what a beauty! I got some good mail this week too! A few cuts of fabrics for my next quilt that is ready to be started in a few weeks! Mail deliveries are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and am always happy to respond. If you want an answer, check that your profile settings include 'show my email address'; otherwise I can't send you a message.